- Singing the praises of Ride+Stride in Essex
- On your bikes to save England’s historic churches and chapels
- Help Buckinghamshire celebrate their 60th anniversary
- Bursting with excitement for Ride+Stride in Rutland
- Join the Tour of Britain in Oxfordshire
- Shropshire’s shouting about Ride+Stride
- Will you take up Yorkshire’s cycling challenge?
- Are you taking part in Ride+Stride 2017?
- Thank you for taking part in Ride+Stride 2016!
Join the Tour of Britain in Oxfordshire
Riders and Striders in Oxfordshire can follow the route of the cycling Tour of Britain on 9 September. To mark the event, there are special “Ride the Tour” circular routes, each incorporating a section of the Tour route. Participants are invited to follow these in their own time and at their own pace after the Tour has passed through.
The route maps also include brief notes about some of the churches on the way which are waiting to welcome cyclists, and can be downloaded or printed for a donation.
Young cyclists can join in
After the cycle Tour of Britain has passed through Charlbury, there will be a cycle rally for children covering some of the Tour route through the town calling in at the town’s churches and chapels. This junior “Ride the Tour” event is organised jointly by the Oxfordshire Historic Churches Trust and the Windrush Bike Project. There will be different age categories, and balance bikes and scooters are allowed for the youngest. All children who complete their route will receive certificates and prizes.
Find out more about this event here.