- Singing the praises of Ride+Stride in Essex
- On your bikes to save England’s historic churches and chapels
- Help Buckinghamshire celebrate their 60th anniversary
- Bursting with excitement for Ride+Stride in Rutland
- Join the Tour of Britain in Oxfordshire
- Shropshire’s shouting about Ride+Stride
- Will you take up Yorkshire’s cycling challenge?
- Are you taking part in Ride+Stride 2017?
- Thank you for taking part in Ride+Stride 2016!
Singing the praises of Ride+Stride in Essex
Essex and East London are fortunate to have so many wonderful and diverse churches. Ride+Stride day is the one when they show off their richness by opening as many as possible for visitors. The annual sponsored Ride & Stride is the main fund-raiser for the FECT. It is a wonderful way to visit churches which might otherwise be closed and the event usually coincides with Heritage Open Days.
It doesn’t matter if you raise £2, £20 or £200. Every penny raised means you will help to save and protect our unique heritage.
A brand new event for this year will be a treat for the ears.
In Essex and Suffolk the Colchester Chamber Choir, under the direction of world famous opera singer Roderick Earle, will be racing a Choral Steeplechase between churches on the Essex/Suffolk border with the aim of performing in as many as possible.
The choir will start in Ipswich at 10 am before making their way towards Hadleigh and Sudbury and finishing by 6 pm. The repertoire will include sacred music from Tudor times to the 20th century. Sponsorship will be split between churches and support for young singers and musicians at the start of their careers.
To join Ride+Stride in Essex and East London, visit Friends of Essex Churches’ website.