- Singing the praises of Ride+Stride in Essex
- On your bikes to save England’s historic churches and chapels
- Help Buckinghamshire celebrate their 60th anniversary
- Bursting with excitement for Ride+Stride in Rutland
- Join the Tour of Britain in Oxfordshire
- Shropshire’s shouting about Ride+Stride
- Will you take up Yorkshire’s cycling challenge?
- Are you taking part in Ride+Stride 2017?
- Thank you for taking part in Ride+Stride 2016!
Shropshire’s shouting about Ride+Stride
A Town Crier has proclaimed the start of Shropshire Historic Churches Trust’s Ride+Stride – at the top of a funicular railway.
John James, Bridgnorth Town Crier, met with a stalwart group of Riders and Striders at the Top Station of the Bridgnorth Castle Hill Railway to launch the annual fundraising event.
They included Paul Arnold, who brought his Safety Cycle from 1895; Dr Malvern Tipping, Director of the Bridgnorth Castle Hill Railway Company; Rev Marjorie Brooks, Associate Vicar in the Bridgnorth Team Ministry; Rev Kate Cook, Superintendent Minister from the Telford Methodist Church; and Diane Radford, Trustee of the Shropshire Historic Churches Trust.
Shropshire hope that this year Ride+Stride Shropshire will beat the sum raised last year – £28,396. Your participation could help reach £30,000! Can you help?
There is the opportunity to ride as a cycle club, raising funds for your club and for Shropshire Historic Churches Trust.
To participate, contact your local church or visit: http://www.shropshirehct.org.uk/rideandstride.htm