- Gallant soldier, 98, joins Ride+Stride on mobility scooter
- From 8 to 98- no age limit on Wiltshire’s Ride and Striders
- Two’s company in Gloucestershire
- Keeping Oxfordshire’s churches fit for the future
- Winchester gears up for Ride + Stride
- Dame Judi backs the Bard
- Vicars get in the saddle
- Clergy – could you learn to ride a penny farthing?
- Dorset rings the changes for Ride+Stride
- Join the Essex ‘Tour de Stansted’
Dame Judi backs the Bard
Warwickshire’s Ride and Stride has received a message of support actor Dame Judi Dench. The Bard’s Ride will be supporting the Warwickshire and Coventry Historic Churches Trust and local churches designated by those taking part.
Dame Judi, who is patron of the the trust, said “Churches and chapels are at the heart of our British heritage and Shakespeare Country, which I am so fond of, is where some of the most beautiful ones in Britain were built and still stand sentinel over the landscape. Please help our trust to preserve our precious past by joining us on the Bard’s Ride, a fantastic fundraising ride, cycling through stunning Warwickshire scenery past beautiful churches and villages that would have inspired the Bard in his lifetime.”
The event takes place on 14th September with a 40 mile cycle challenge, passing 17 churches, starting from Newbold-on-Stour, a family fun ride covering 18 miles also setting off from the village green as part of the fund raising effort. On the same day those wishing to support the charity by walking can take part in the Bard’s Walk which will start and finish at Honnington Hall just north of Shipston-on-Stour.
Full article here: http://www.stratford-herald.com/101068-dame-judi-dench-sends-message-support-countys-churches.html
Register for eNews