- Dorset rings the changes for Ride+Stride
- Join the Essex ‘Tour de Stansted’
- Oxfordshire’s Ride+Stride pride
- Ride + Stride for Churches Shropshire press launch
- Revitalising Ride+Stride in Northamptonshire in the Chenderit Benefice
- In Yorkshire it’s Ride+Stride come rain or shine
- Wiltshire – Ride+Stride helps over 500 historic churches
- Dust off your Somerset walking shoes
- Call for Dorset’s Riders + Striders
- Yorkshire Ride+Stride stalwart fondly remembered.
Yorkshire Ride+Stride stalwart fondly remembered.
Yorkshire Historic Churches Trust remembers David Trow, a Ride+Stride stalwart:
It is with great sadness that we heard about the passing of David Trow earlier this year. David was a long-time supporter of the Yorkshire Historic Churches Trust, whose dedication to Ride+Stride over the last 40 years saw him cycling more than 1200 miles and raising an incredible £10,000.
David first got involved in supporting historic churches in Essex 40 years ago. Living in Great Waltham, near Chelmsford, David was a keen member of the local cycling club and enthusiastically took part in Ride & Stride every year.
He and his wife moved back to Yorkshire in 1995 and settled near Driffield. For the past 23 years David continued to take part in R+S, clocking up hundreds of miles around the East Riding.
David’s approach was to aim to cycle around 30 miles and visit 10 churches, which was an incredible feat for a man in his nineties.
In fact last year he fell off his bike during a training ride a week before the event, but undeterred he completed his ride a week later – finishing the last church on foot as his shoulder was so painful.
We are deeply indebted to David for the thousands of pounds he has raised over the years for the Yorkshire Historic Churches Trust and the final gift of a donation from his funeral collection.
It is thanks to the dedication and support of people like David that we are able to continue to offer vital funding lifelines to the many places of worship across Yorkshire, to help ensure they are repaired and maintained and able to be enjoyed and appreciated for many years to come.